- The Limited striped skirt - Originally $60, clearance for $20, used $10 coupon + tax = $12
- Target dress - Originally $30, clearance for $9 + tax = $10 (bought with Christmas gift card)
- Old Navy sleeveless top - Originally $20, clearance, then used Gap credit card rewards card = $4
- Old Navy utility pocket jersey shirt: Originally $30, clearance, then used Gap credit card rewards card = $3
- Sam Edelman Sophie wedges - Originally $120, used $100 gift card + tax = $31
- Webster for Target cardigan - Originally $33, clearance for $10 + tax = $11 (bought with Christmas gift card)
- Target ikat printed tank - Originally $18, clearance for $5, used $3 off coupon + tax = $2
- (unpictured) Target brown leather belt - Originally $22, clearance for $11, used remainder of gift card + tax = $8
Total spent on clothes in June and July: $60
Budget remaining for the rest of the year: $135
We're almost halfway into August, but I thought I'd share what I bought in June and July. I didn't shop too much, but those darn trips to Target to buy diapers have resulted in a few impulse buys (most of which I used up a $100 gift card from Christmas. Yes, I'm proud it lasted me that long.)
After these purchases, I'm down to $135 for the rest of the year, but don't fret! I have about $50 coming back via Ebates, mostly from my Frye boots. Since Fryes are usually excluded from coupon codes and sales, I took advantage of the 13% Ebates cash back on Endless.com awhile back.
Also, we just celebrated our 5 year anniversary and I requested a gift card to one of my favorite stores, but my husband is waiting until I go back to work to buy it because finances are tight while I'm on maternity leave. How did we celebrate our anniversary? We both completely forgot about it, and he worked an overnight overtime shift. As much as I hate when he works those shifts, he asked me the other day if he could work another one this weekend, and then added, "You can have $50 to add to your clothing budget!" Though $50 is probably not enough to compensate for having to put both kids to sleep on my own, I'll take it.
So while my remaining budget isn't too much right now, I have high hopes that it'll last me through the end of the year! :)