- A crisp white dress shirt. Even though I don't need to wear business casual at work, I have been on the hunt for a nice white button-down that I can pair with jeans or layer under cardigans or sweaters. I've heard good things about the Brooks Brother's non-iron dress shirts, but have yet to try one on.
- Salmon pink skinny jeans. I saw a pair this color on a Forever 21 mannequin and fell in love. And then Janssen posted her wardrobe staples which included a pair of a similar-hued pants and I knew the next colored pants I want to buy will be this shade of pink.
- A pair of fun everyday studs. I think the last time I wore earrings was for my wedding in 2007, and before that, it was sometime in high school. I would like to get back into wearing earrings though, and I think I want something simple but fun. I found the heart studs here and love that they're 14K white gold which will be less irritating for my sensitive ears.
- A navy polka-dot blouse. This image was from the J.Crew factory store, but they're all sold out of this style right now. I would like something that I can layer under sweaters or wear on it's own.
- Simple brown sandals. Those ones above are from Rebecca Minkoff but Madewell has a pair that are pretty cute as well, though Madewell's buckles look like they'll be annoying because I would prefer a back zip.
- A mint scarf. I know mint is totally old news, but it's still my favorite color. If not mint, something light and springy that I can wear year-round, since all my scarves right now are winter scarves, I want something a little more lightweight.
- New dark-rinse jeggings. I have a pair from Target that has lasted me 2+ years now, but are starting to show their wear. I've been looking at the Citizens of Humanity Avedon jeans that Kendi has but need to try on a few pairs first.
- A striped shirt. I just want a simple striped shirt but it's been impossible to find the perfect one, even though they are EVERYWHERE.
- A mustard yellow skirt. I don't really like the above skirt (it's from Modcloth) but it was the only image that I could find of a skirt in the shape and color that I want. I've been hunting for a skirt like this since E. from Academichic wore hers constantly (which was like, years ago!) but have not been able to find one yet. Maybe 2013 will be the year I find it.
- A white utility blouse. The image is from the popular J.Crew Blythe blouse, but I don't want a silk blouse because it's just not practical to wear a white silk shirt with two kids. I've been hunting for a good poly dupe for the Blythe but everything is either too sheer or the pockets don't sit right, or something else is wrong with it.
That seems like a lot of things! But a lot of these have been on my list for months already, if not years (#1, #8, #9, #10). Some of them aren't really "closet holes" per say (#2, #6) but just things that I'm actively looking out for. Hopefully I can find some of these things some time this year! :)
What kind of holes do you have in your closet?